Thursday, January 5, 2017

1.5.17










We revisited our resolutions and we picked one that we REALLY wanted to do and COULD accomplish on our own in 2017.  We wrote it down and then wrote 3 reasons why we picked it.




Love this new sign I put up in our room.  Really helps us know when we can ask to leave the room! :)


Working with a partner to discuss the parts of our New Years Resolution story we read yesterday.






We started our new unit today!!  

Where We are in Place and Time

We always have a hook at the beginning of the unit to reel you in!  Today we watched the first 15 minutes of the movie UP.  This is such a sweet telling of 2 people and their childhood to getting married to growing old together.  This unit is about Personal Histories and this story fit perfectly into it!



Our central idea for this unit.
We broke it down to tell what it really means.

I saw 23 lightbulbs go off when I told them that histories were more than when the dinosaurs live and WWII and things that happen LONG AGO.  Spanish, that we had gone to just 30 minutes prior is in the past so it is history.  They looked at me in delight that they got it.  I love that.  And so important for them to understand as they will be doing their own personal history project of their own 6 to 7 years of life.


Sharing our "I wonders" about this unit.


Love these wonders...

"I wonder what is in my future."

"I wonder what happened in my history."

"I wonder about my dad's past."

"I wonder why we are talking about famous people."




No comments:

Post a Comment