Monday, January 6, 2020

1-6-2020

We were excited to get back to Approaches to Learning stations this morning.



What are the different strategies we can use to solve this problem?


What are some ways we can be better in 2020? Or what goals do you want to make for yourself? How can you be kind or make a difference in 2020?


We started our new unit today, Where We are in Place and Time.  This unit is all about personal histories and how things that happen before us affect us today.  We talked about how all people and their stories are important. We watched the first 15 minutes of UP which is some of the greatest story telling of all time. 


I asked them what they could tell me about Ellie and Carl from just those 15 minutes. 


Then I introduced our central idea for this unit.


And we wrote questions we had about this unit. 

"I wonder what the world will look like in my future."

"I wonder if history always changes."


"I wonder how the past and future change."

"I wonder why people change."

"I wonder why people are related to us."




No comments:

Post a Comment