Wednesday, October 10, 2018

10.10.18

100s chart puzzle!





Open Number Lines

Each group was given a number line with no numbers on it. One by one I gave them numbers to put on their number lines. I told them at every number would be a surprise. They had no idea what they would be getting next. I LOVE this activity. I love their number thinking. I love hearing WHY they moved the numbers where they did. Such a good activity to help with their number sense.











These number lines ended up being all the numbers from 0-10.


We started a new one with much bigger numbers. 

I started with giving them a 50.  It was so interesting where they chose to put it. Some groups put it on the beginning, some at the end and 1 group put it right in the middle. 





The next number I gave them was 83. Most groups moved their 50.




I gave them a 25 and then a 1.




The end results. 





Independent reading time.



Introducing transition words. 

We watched this video first.  
See it here:


I wrote a somewhat boring story.  Then we added transition words.


I put this up to help us with our independent writing time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment